Mayor Deroo is not seeking relection! That is the best news we’ve heard in years.
The following are comments that were left on the Gazette’s West Island Site.
By Good riddance!
On July 3, 2013 at 4:57 pm
Don’t let the door hit you on the way out! Now can you please do something good for the city like leave before Nov 3 so we can start asap rebuilding the disaster you are leaving behind. We will be watching out for last minute fast ones.
On July 3, 2013 at 5:57 pm
What was a high? I don’t remember any… Not even Ste. Anne’s Street, as the paving job is mediocre, the granite is chipped and out of alignment, and so much of it will have to be torn up within a couple of years anyhow…
By Frankie Boy
On July 4, 2013 at 5:55 pm
Couldn’t agree with you more Gordon. There were no highs at all, just lows. The downtown area was very poorly managed, took two years longer than required, and the quality of the work is terrible. You can’t even get by in some areas because the road is so narrow. The merchants must be rejoicing – those that are still in business. The construction and the closed overpass made it a nightmare for consumers to visit the core. That’s why so many businesses went belly up. Goodbye Mayor Deroo – worst Mayor ever.
On July 3, 2013 at 9:26 pm
For all the photo opps this guy has given in the past year, I love how you used a picture from years before the work on St. Anne’s street. Funny thing after blowing 18m on that street it doesn’t 18m better.
By Fed Up in Ste-Anne’s North
On July 4, 2013 at 9:13 am
Don’t let your $250,000 toilet door hit your butt on the way out, Frankie-Loo
It will take the town years to recover from your stupidity and incompetence.
On July 4, 2013 at 12:48 pm
Thank you for not running!
On July 4, 2013 at 3:50 pm
– Millions of dollars and years of work to pave one road in downtown Ste.Anne – and it looks like crap
– High debt left from frivolous spending such as the golden toilet – a quarter of million for 1 toilet?????
– Antagonizing everyone except the developer over unwanted urban sprawl
– Allowing dogs to pee and defecate all over the boardwalk, just outside the food terraces
– The overpass fiasco
– total lack of transparency
– the state of the roads – for example chemin ste.marie and meloche, the third world has roads in better shape
– all the bs and aggravation he put citizens thru.
goodbye – we are so happy you are gone.