Des terrains à l’extérieur de la zone Pierrefonds-Ouest seraient plus propices à l’aménagement durable pour le projet immobilier contesté, Cap Nature. C’est la conclusion principale d’une étude du Conseil régional de l’environnement (CRE) de Montréal, rendue publique le 12 avril.
Hundreds rally to save l’Anse à l’Orme; – Montreal Times – Montreal’s English Weekly NewspaperMontreal Times – Montreal’s English Weekly Newspaper
An estimated 250 people gathered at Montreal City Hall on May 16 to protest plans to build 6,000 homes on the last large, unprotected green space on Montreal Island. Opposition politicians, environmentalists, trade unionists, and others took the microphone, condemning the 185-hectare Cap Nature housing plan in Pierrefonds west that is supported by Montreal Mayor Denis Coderre.
Une motion déposée mardi par le parti Vrai changement pour Montréal qui demandait un moratoire sur le développement immobilier des espaces verts de l’Anse-à-l’Orme dans Pierrefonds-Ouest a été rejetée par le conseil municipal de Montréal.
Former Quebec deputy premier Nathalie Normandeau and six other people involved in politics and government contracts have been arrested on 13 charges that include fraud on government, corruption and abuse of trust, the head of Quebec’s permanent anti-corruption squad has confirmed.The group of seven, which includes people associated with the provincial Liberals and the Parti Québécois, were arrested shortly after 6 a.m. on Thursday in Quebec City, Charlevoix and the Gaspésie, UPAC chief Robert Lafrenière said.
Former Montreal mayor Michael Applebaum asked the courts on Monday to halt his corruption trial, which is scheduled to start in September 2017, because the wait has been stressful for him and has hampered his ability to earn a living.Applebaum’s voice cracked and he became teary-eyed as he told Court of Quebec Judge Robert Marchi that he gets looks from people because of his notoriety, avoids socializing with his neighbours when he’s out walking his dog and has had difficulty gaining new clients as a real-estate agent.
Laval Mayor Marc Demers has enthusiastically greeted news that hearings in the trial of former mayor Gilles Vaillancourt could begin as early as March next year.“What we think now is that judge Marc David is making himself available so that the trial can begin as quickly as possible,” Demers said in a statement last week.“We note also that the judge shares our preoccupation to see justice administered within a reasonable time frame,” he added. “The judge expressed this concern while referring to recent cases in the news.”Proceedings in the prosecution of Vaillancourt have been notable so far for significant court date delays obtained by his defence team.Additional information as to whether the case will indeed be proceeding in due course is expected to be released on March 18 when an announcement will be made about defence and prosecution being able to establish court dates.
Secret codes, haggling over bribes, meetings in cars, DVD boxes containing illicit cash and bluffing to dupe company executives into paying kickbacks.They’re not part of the plot of a political thriller on television, but the accounts of different witnesses as told to Quebec police. And they allowed the province’s anti-corruption squad to obtain a warrant in 2013 to search the municipal offices of Montreal’s Côte-des-Neiges — Notre-Dame-de-Grâce borough and eventually arrest Montreal’s then-mayor, Michael Applebaum.
Former Montreal North mayor Gilles Deguire’s sexual assault case returns to court | Montreal Gazette
Former Montreal North borough mayor Gilles Deguire’s sexual assault case will return to court in late May after a brief hearing Wednesday morning at the Montreal courthouse. Deguire, 66, is charged with sexual assault and sexual touching of a minor under the age of 16. The acts are alleged to have taken place in Montreal and elsewhere in Quebec between Dec. 1, 2013, and Oct. 23, 2015. Each charge carries a maximum sentence of 14 years.
The former mayor of Boisbriand, Robert Poirier, has been sentenced to 18 months in jail, followed by three years of probation, after being found guilty of fraud and breach of trust.
About 150 people gathered outside Montreal city hall on Monday to protest against plans for a 5,000-home development.
Plus de 150 personnes, dont près une moitié de cégépiens, ont manifesté devant l’hôtel de ville de Montréal lundi soir en marge du conseil municipal afin de s’opposer au projet de développement immobilier Cap Nature dans Pierrefonds-Ouest.
Hundreds of protesters jammed the street in front of Montreal’s City Hall to demand a stop to plans to develop l’Anse-à-l’Orme Park in Pierrefonds-Roxboro.
Watch L’Anse à l’Orme protest Video Online, on GlobalNews.ca
Pierrefonds-Ouest : Projet Montréal appuie la mobilisation citoyenne contre le projet immobilier mafia
Projet Montréal dénonce l’opacité avec laquelle le dossier de Pierrefonds-Ouest a cheminé au sein de l’administration du maire Coderre. « Ce projet a été décidé derrière des portes closes, entre gens d’affaires. Le public n’a eu droit qu’à des bribes d’information. Devant un projet aussi chancelant, Denis Coderre doit se rendre à l’évidence. Le développement de Pierrefonds-Ouest est une erreur. Il doit y mettre un terme dès maintenant », a conclu Éric Alan Caldwell.
Students expected to bolster protest against Mafia driven Pierrefonds development | Montreal Gazette
Environmentalists hope hundreds of people will rally outside city hall on Monday to protest against plans to develop Pierrefonds-West.The rally will start at 6:30 p.m., just before question period at the city’s monthly council meeting is scheduled to begin. CEGEP students from across the province and members of the city’s opposition parties, Vrai changement pour Montréal and Projet Montréal, are expected to attend, according to members of the environmental group Sauvons L’Anse-à-L’Orme.The proposed development project would build about 5,000 to 6,000 homes on former agricultural land in the area. Some are expected to be earmarked for affordable housing. Other items in the proposal include an urban boulevard, shops, schools and parks.The event is not tied to a specific motion at the meeting, said Ross Stitt, a member of the group, but other members are hoping to present a charter to protect green and natural spaces during question period.
Contre toute attente, le projet controversé Cap Nature qui doit prendre forme dans Pierrefonds-Ouest fera l’objet d’une consultation publique de l’Office de consultation publique de Montréal (OCPM) avant même l’adoption par l’arrondissement d’un programme particulier d’urbanisme (PPU).
JOIN THE MOUVEMENT.How: Protest during Montreal city countil to save l’Anse-à-l’Orme.When: Monday May 16th, 6:30 PMWhere: In front the the city hall, 275 Notre-Dame Est, near Champ-de-Mars metro station.Transportation will be organised from Cégep Gérald-Godin (open to all citizens) to Montreal at 5:30 PM and back at 9:00 PM. Please reserve your spot by contacting email@example.com
Who benefits from the destruction and development of these green spaces? The Mafia land owners and crooked construction industry. What motivates the politicians behind this? Ask the Charbonneau Commission.
The property in question is owned by a group of people and companies that are linked to a who’s who of the Montreal Mafia.City officials have refused to answer questions and declined interview requests for the past two weeks.Meanwhile, the people who negotiated on behalf of the city to acquire the land for the eco-territory say they knew nothing about the owners of the strip of land, even though names that have been linked to organized crime — such as Arcuri, Gosselin and Manno — are apparent in public land registry records.
Salut à toutes et tous! Je vous invite à un évènement très important, afin de préserver les espaces verts à Montréal. Nuits Début a adopté une résolution en faveur de la protection de ces espaces alors je me disais que vous aimeriez peut être ca joindre le mouvement! Au plaisir de vous y voirsmile emoticonhttps://www.facebook.com/events/263006800707987/
Source: Sauvons l’Anse-à-l’Orme
WHY SAVE L’ANSE-À-L’ORME?The l’Anse à l’Orme wetlands are threatened by a mega-development of 6000 residences, adding more than 12000 cars to the roads and highways of Montreal;L’Anse-à-l’Orme is the LARGEST of Montreal island’s LAST unprotected natural spaces;Montreal is already one of the cities with the least green spaces;It is necessary to stop the destruction of 185 hectars (equivalent to 265 soccer fields) and of a rich biodiversity or more than 270 animal species, many of which are rare and/ or endangered;The mayor of Montreal Denis Coderre says that he will increase the proportion of green spaces from 5,6% to 10%, which will be impossible if this land is not preserved;JOIN THE MOUVEMENT.How: Protest during Montreal city countil to save l’Anse-à-l’Orme.When: Monday May 16th, 6:30 PMWhere: In front the the city hall, 275 Notre-Dame Est, near Champ-de-Mars metro station.Transportation will be organised from Cégep Gérald-Godin (open to all citizens) to Montreal at 5:30 PM and back at 9:00 PM. Please reserve your spot by contacting firstname.lastname@example.orgBE THERE!Sign the petition: https://goo.gl/RK2Lmg
Mayor shows complete disrespect for citizens, goes to Scotland instead at the taxpayers expense no doubt.
An environmental group protesting the planned 5,000-house development in Pierrefonds West decided to delay presenting a petition to Pierrefonds-Roxboro borough council Monday evening when they discovered the mayor was not at the meeting. Members of Sauvons-l’Anse-a-l’Orme had planned to present their petition, months in the making at the borough’s November council meeting. But just before the meeting started,…
Montreal apparently can afford to save the Angell Woods but doesn’t have a penny to save L’anse a L’orme. Further proof that the Mafia continues to run Montreal, the most corrupt city in the Western World.
The Agglomeration Council of Montreal has purchased a tract of privately-owned land in Angell Woods for $3.5 million.
Coderre accuses Ottawa of playing politics by asking city to halt sewage dump plan | Montreal Gazette
Mayor Coderre, the vandal who destroys Federal property, who is going to let the Mafia destroy the last green spaces on the Island in Pierrfonds, the man who was forced to resign his cabinet position and managed to get through the sponsorship scandal, has made it quite clear he doesn’t give a shit about the environment.
In a release on its website, Masson MNA Mathieu Lemay and Granby MNA François Bonnardel said Heurtel failed to protect the environment.
While there may be gold in muck, when that muck is getting pumped into the river that defines Montreal, there’s also votes.
Controversy over Montreal’s plan to dump 8 billion litres of untreated sewage waste into the St. Lawrence next week to carry out infrastructure work continues to swirl, and gain international attention.